Interview Techniques - Top Tips
Preparation is key, knowledge is power, first impressions really do count.
Follow these vital steps to ensure best foot forwards.
- Do your homework on the company, check out their website, and understand more about them as a company, and their history.
- Plan your journey, leave yourself enough time for travelling and arrive 5-10 minutes early.
- Plan what you are going to wear to ensure a professional yet relevant appearance, dress accordingly for the job, this is another chance to make a good first impression.
- Take another copy of your CV with you.
- Know who you are meeting, so you can ask for the relevant person upon your arrival.
- Always shake hands when greeting people, look them in the eye with a polite smile and listen to what they have to say.
- Be prepared, know your CV inside out, they will ask you questions on different areas of your CV and you need to be able to answer with an efficient response, keep your answers to the point and in a relaxed manner, try not to chat too much or move off topic. Have some impressive facts & figures to hand, for example your best sales figures, creative ideas, how you cope with pressure, how you thrive in a team, or equally able to manage others.
- Smile, be confident and relax.