CV Writing - Top Tips
- Make sure your CV is tailored to the job you are applying for.
- Match your personal qualities to capture the specific attributes required for the job.
- Emphasis key areas in your employment history relevant to the job you are applying for.
- Make mention to other skills, qualifications or passions you have that you can bring to the job.
- The Facts are important, if you manage to secure an interview you must be able to back up the points you have used in your CV with actual experiences.
- Use bullet points so the information can be easily read.
- Ideally keep your CV to a maximum of 2 pages.
Most importantly, use the following format/headings for your CV to make sure you don't miss anything out.
- Personal Details – full name, address, date of birth, marital status, contact number and email.
- Educational History.
- Employment History – start with current and work backwards.
- Core Skills – for example confident with Microsoft Office applications, or specifically PowerPoint or Excel.
- Hobbies and Interests – for example secretary of local riding club.
- Referees details (or available upon request).